Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Personal opinions

"It's the soul afraid of dying, that never learns to live"

Well, here's my view on things. The soul is a word given to what we call conciousness. It is the part of us that allows us to be aware of what's going on around us. If you are unconcious, then you wouldn't really know what going on around you.

My 'soul' is afraid of dying. For with death there can be only 2 possible outcomes.

1) There really exists another realm, called heaven and hell. Of which, according to my previous beliefs, will send me automatically, to hell. Not a really pleasant thought, nor one that I look forward to.

Or...

2) There is no other realm called heaven and hell. I'll die and be buried, or cremated and the slow process of decay would begin. Which would lead me to not knowing anything, nor being able to experience anything. Another really bleak ending, one that, like the above, I don't look forward to.

But of course, the word 'Living' is rather subjective. What would it mean to live life?
We've heard of many people telling us to live life to the fullest. But what does it really mean? Does it mean to take risks and do exciting yet dangerous things, such as bungee jumping into a volcano or rock climbing up the side of the Grand Canyon? Or does it mean to just live life everyday, you wake up, brush your teeth, have breakfast, go to work, come back home, have dinner, talk with family, do some work again, sleep, and repeat the cycle?

Well, it's really a personal thing I suppose. There are no right or wrong answers, there are no guide lines to follow. No laws governing how one should live life.
So for the above quotation, I'd change it to...
"It's the soul afraid of dying, that will live the most."

Once again, I'm not saying anyone is right or wrong, just merely pointing out my own opinions and views.

No comments: