Monday, January 11, 2010

My European Tour (Part 6)

Well today, Lucerne!

Day 8
So we leave Interlaken and head for Lucerne. It's about 2 hours journey from our point of origin, and since we left the hotel at 9am we arrived around 11am. Our first stop was straight to Mt. Titlis, it has much better scenery than Jungfrau, even though it's not as high. We took a 40 min cable car ride up from the foot of the mountain to the top. Then we had a wonderful lunch. I had a wonderful breaded chicken with hot crispy fries! And they're fries are really to die for!

Ater lunch I went out into the coldness to see the scenery and get some fresh air. There was a spectacular view and it wasn't nearly as cold as I thought it would be. I even had the time to make a snowman! After about 30 mins of frolicking in the snow I decided to head back in to warm myself up, and to get a watch.

I had actually spotted a Swiss Military watch while at the Bucherrer in Interlaken, but my guide advised me to get it when we were at Mt. Titlis, as there is a wider variety of designs to choose from. Well, imagine my disappoitment when not a single watch suited me... But still I saw a Calvin Klein watch which I liked a lot, and so I got it, for a CHF$150, wich is about S$195. But money well spent I would say.

Shortly after we went down the mountain and headed back to our hotel for some rest before heading back into town for some sightseeing and some shopping at Bucherrer, this time a 7 story version! But before the exciting shopping portion of this post, the sights we saw. Our first stop was to see a giant lion statue that had been carved into a cliff face. It was commissioned by a Swiss military officer to honor the soldiers who died defending King Louis the 14th during the French Revolution. We also saw Chapel Bridge, it's a 250m long bridge made out of wood. The original was destroyed in a fire, the current one is but a replica.

Well the shopping part now... Well simply put, I got 2 Swiss Knives! And they're really good!
That's all there is to shopping... Oh my mum got some souveniers and a Swarovski crystal snake pendant. It looks really good on her.

We headed back to the hotel after that for out dinner. Not a fantastic dinner, but it was good.

Now the pictures will talk and I will stay silent.
Enjoy!

Interlaken

Me making my snowman




The Stone Lion


Dinner took a long time to come, so my mum took pictures of me to pass the time...

My Purchases

The Calvin Klein watch



My Swiss Knives!

Some additional pics from Interlaken

On the train to the transfer station that'll bring us to Jungfrau


On the train to the top of Jungfrau

Ice sculptures in he Ice Palace at Jungfrau



The Euro Mouse, mascot of the EU


No comments: