Wednesday, January 6, 2010

My European Tour (Part 2)

On this post I'll be blogging about Pisa and Florence

Day 3
We set off from the hotel at 8am and spent 4 hours on the bus travelling from Rome to Pisa.
Of course we had a pit stop every 2 hours. At our first stop I saw this cute Italian boy about my age, with Bill Kaulitz's hairstyle. Unfortunately, I didn't take a picture... *Sigh*

We finally arrived at Pisa after 4 hours of travelling and we had a guided tour of the city.
Well, to be truthful it was a very short tour and it was raining that day...
We only saw 3 buildings, a church, the baptistry and the famous Leaning Tower of Pisa. We walked into a cafe for lunch, I had a chicken sandwich, and boy was it good...

After lunch we went back to the bus for an hour and a half long journey to Florence.
Upon arrival in Florence we had another city tour. We saw a cathedral called the Santa Maria del Fiore, or simply known as the Duomo (Dome in Italian). We went in and saw some rather interesting things, like a medieval 24 hour clock and a painting of Dante Alighieri, the father of the Italian language and authour of the famous "Divina Comedia" (The Divine Comedy).
After the Cathedral we walked through Florence, in the rain, taking in the view and enjoying the Christmasy atmosphere.
After the city tour we went for an Italian dinner, which consisted of a vegetable and pasta soup, spaghetti and lasagne, pork chops and fries, and lemon meringue ice cream! For beverages we had plain water and... Red wine! Yes on this trip I drank quite a bit... Mostly wines, no local beer...

I felt particularly happy that day, cause I got a SMS from Joel wishing me Merry Christmas. So yeah, I'm happy. After dinner we went back to our hotel and had a good night's rest.

As usual, I'll let the pictures do the talking.
Enjoy!

Pisa







The Leaning Tower of Pisa

Florence (Duomo)








The door to the Duomo's Baptistry



Duomo Interior

The 24 hour clock


The Dome, it has over 1000 characters on it


The Father of the Italian Language, Dante Alighieri

Florence at night





Finally, Michelangelo's King David. (Ignore the 2 boys)

No comments: