Saturday, January 9, 2010

My European Tour (Part 5)

Like I said in my lst post, this one is all about Interlaken, Switzerland.

Day 6-7
So we left the hotel at 9am this time, so we had a relatively better breakfast
Haha! More time to chew and digest our food!

In any case we went on the bus and within an hour of leaving the hotel, we were at the Swiss-Italian border already! I wanted to take a picture of me walking over the border, but I couldn't since it was considered a sensitive area. In anycase fter we crossed the border we came to our first pit stop after an hour or so. There we had our lunch and I bought a National Geographic Magazine which, by the way, was in German. I'm so proud of myself, cause I could understand what it was talking about!

Well anyways we travelled for another 2 hours before arriving in Interlaken, a tiny little town with only one street. You could walk from one end to another in about an hour. The town has nothing exciting to offer, other than great ski slope up on Jungfrau.

So after we checked into our hotels we walked to Bucherrer to collect our free gifts, Rolex souveniour spoons, and to bu some watches. Bucherrer carries all the big players in the watch making industry, Rolex, Tag Heuer, Rado, Swatch, etc... After spending about 30 mins there we had our own free time till 7pm which would be dinner time I spent it walking through the town. It was cold, but it was fun!

At 7pm we assembled at the hotel lobby and off we went for our Cheese Fondue dinner! It was great fun, the waiters were entertaining and they made it a truly enjoyable time. The beer helped to make things fun as well, haha! An Asian waitress also commented on my good German! I gave myself a pat on the back. Oh, our clothes stank of cheese as well after the dinner. Haha!

The next day I went up to Jungfrau by train to see the splendour of the mountains. The train ride was about an hour. I was bored outta my gourd. Thank goodness I had TH to keep me sane. There was nothing exciting up there. It was bloody cold! -27 degrees celsius and there was a blizzard. That explains the lack of photos while up there.

Well that's bout it for Interlaken. Tomorrow, Lucerne,Switzerland.
As ususal the picures will speak for themselves.
Enjoy!

Interlaken



Article 18 of the UN Charter just behind the hotel.












I actually have more pics, but it's in my mum's camera.

No comments: