Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Turning Point

So, I went out to Suntec to study with Kel yesterday at Starbucks. Starbucks ain't such a bad place, really. It's quiet and they got a really good practice of shouting back their orders just to confirm that they heard right. But I still prefer Coffee Bean to Starbucks. If only we could combine the quietness and the culture of Starbucks with the good coffee and food of Coffee Bean. That is my idea of a perfect cafe. Maybe my future carrer will be to run such an outlet...

Cynthia joined us to at Starbucks too, then we proceeded to an unknown chicken rice stall for dinner. I wouldn't call the food extremely good, but I wouldn't say it tastes really bad as well. I think it's just normal. But I like the variety. Definitely more choices than your average chicken rice stall.

On the way back home, Kel and I just talked about really, really cool stuff. Like authoritarian regimes, the Vietnam War, WWII, the monarchy in England and how it has changed, and some really random stuff about nationalities. (e.g: If I'm born in UK, my nationality will be British, Born in Ireland, nationality will be Irish.) Well we stopped at Ireland, for a moment I though Kel was gonna ask me about Scotland. Cynthia, I apologize if I monopolized Kel yesterday...

It was a really great time of fellowship. I went from super depressed after my History paper to not so depressed and even forgetting about my troubles for a while.

I don't wanna be hypocritical anymore. It's really been a heartbreaking two weeks for me. I never thought that I would be bitter towards anyone and especially not to God. But then again I was. I now know so many things.

I am persuaded that no angels nor demons, principalities nor powers, no height nor depth can seperate me from the love of Christ. For I have not been given a spirit of bondage again to fear, but a spirit of love and adoption by whom I cry out "Abba Father".

No comments: