Friday, June 11, 2010

Legs to my chest, tears from my eyes.

I sat on my bed, staring at the sky.
Legs to my chest, tears from my eyes.
The memories are too painful, too bitter.
Yet I remember the times when everything was better.

The days in front of the fire.
The days when we faced each others ire.
The days in the meadows,
Basking in your shadow.

The lovely days in cafes,
Sipping on frothy lattes.
The days on the beach,
Playing with someone's bitch.

The days in the library,
Studying history and geometry.
The days at the park,
Where we pranced about like larks.

The nights at the silver screen,
Not once did we look at the screen.
The nights at the pubs,
And then we'd hit the clubs.

The nights in the alleyway,
Making out till May.
The night of June,
It was going to end soon.

Nothing I said made you change your mind.
Nothing I did, made you become mine.
You walked out the door,
Leaving me empty in my core.

You said you'd never leave me,
But I was too blind to see.
You used me and my feelings for you.
Just so you could show that I was a fool.

I sat on my bed, staring at the sky.
Legs to my chest, tears from my eyes.
I opened the window to meet the night.
I started to fly, and soon I saw the light.

No comments: