Thursday, August 19, 2010

Fragmented memories and fictional reality.

The dam burst and flooded the plain.
Fragmented memories started to spill forth.
Catching glimpses of the present and the past.
The hands of my mind started to play.
Placing each piece where it should be.
A jigsaw puzzle, if you will.
A masterpiece of the night.
A night of sadness and sorrow.
But no tears and no sighs.
The Night has it's hold on me,
As slumber soon reaches my eyes.
The Night allows no rest, no reprieve.
In my dreams it starts to haunt.
The memories are real, the reality isn't.

A fictional reality, an imagined imagination.
Faces that have names, and faces that don't.
Yet subconciously, I know them by name.
Faces of friends, yet strangely not of foes.
And it is the faces of friends that bring me the pain.
A strange twist of fate, where those who aren't supposed to,
End up hurting you more than those who should.
Fragmented memories and fictional reality.
That's the name of the game.
The game of the Night.
My cruel mistress, my beloved saviour.
The day comes and rises from the horizon.
Light feels the sky, and hits me in the eyes.
I open my eyes, relieved, yet upset.
The Night has gone, and the day has begun.
Back to being another one of billions.
Back to being one of the dead.
Though the Night is gone for now,
It's comforting to know, that He'll return again.
Always coming and going, just like people.
Yet more majestic and beautiful than anything I've known.
Fragmented memories and fictional reality.
That's the name of the game.
That's the game of the Night.

No comments: